Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

If we have accepted, or declined, an application to register an overseas maintenance obligation for enforcement under the 2007 Hague Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and other forms of Family Maintenance (the 2007 Child Support Convention), you can challenge this decision.

Before you start

Before you challenge our decision, you'll need:

  • IRD number
  • postal address
  • contact details.

You'll also need to give us:

  • the date on the notice of our decision to accept or decline registration of the overseas maintenance decision from us that you are challenging
  • the reasons or grounds for your challenge
  • any evidence to support your challenge.

Send us the challenge letter in myIR

Make sure you let us know the message is for child support.

Attach your challenge letter and any supporting documents to the message.

How to send a message in myIR

Log in to myIR

If you're challenging in writing, make sure you've included your correct information and any documents we need.

Send your documents to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Child support - contact us

What happens next

After we get your challenge, we'll review the reasons you've given and your evidence. We'll contact you if we need further information. We will send you notice of our decision and any further options you may have.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.