You'll need to be able to show the liable parent's exemption from child support did not consider either:
- earning capacity
- financial resources.
Gather your information
You'll need to state the:
- years you want reviewed
- financial information you have about the liable parent.
For you and the liable parent, you'll need:
- IRD numbers
- postal addresses
- contact details.
With the future hearing, decide whether you want to:
- bring a support person
- have a representative in your place.
Download and fill in the form
Make sure to save your details.
Send the form to us in myIR
Send your completed form to us in myIR.
Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR472 form and any supporting documents to the message.
You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.
What happens next
Once we've accepted your application, we'll:
- contact the liable parent to see if they want a hearing
- give them a copy of these details if they want them
- organise a hearing with you.
A hearing takes around 30 minutes and is:
- informal compared to court hearings
- held separately with each person in the review
- for clarifying information.
A decision is not made at the hearings, but afterwards. The review is about the assessed amount. We will not be negotiating payment of arrears or penalties.
The information you give must be relevant to the review. You should only provide information you're comfortable with giving to everyone in the review.
Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045