Use this form to apply to have the liable parent's exemption from child support reviewed. Only the receiving person can apply for an exemption review.
You'll need to be able to show the liable parent's exemption from child support did not consider either:
- earning capacity
- financial resources.
Before you start
You'll need to state the:
- years you want reviewed
- financial information you have about the liable parent.
With the future hearing, decide whether you want to:
- bring a support person
- have a representative in your place.
In myIR, select 'More...' on the Child support - Receiving carer account panel
Select 'Apply for a child support review'
If a liable parent has an exemption in place, the exemption review will show as an option for you to choose.
Complete the details and submit
Log in to myIR
What happens next
Once we've accepted your application, we'll:
- contact the liable parent to see if they want a hearing
- give them a copy of these details if they want them
- organise a hearing with you.
A hearing takes around 30 minutes and is:
- informal compared to court hearings
- held separately with each person in the review
- for clarifying information.
A decision is not made at the hearings, but afterwards. The review is about the assessed amount. We will not be negotiating payment of arrears or penalties.
The information you give must be relevant to the review. You should only provide information you're comfortable with giving to everyone in the review.
What did you like about this page?
Please tell us how we could improve this page?
Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.
Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.