Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

If you are a liable parent, you may apply for an exemption from paying child support if the child was conceived as a result of a sex offence.

Before you start

You'll need your:

  • IRD number
  • postal address
  • contact details
  • name of the child the exemption will apply to
  • supporting details and documentation, if any, such as a police report or a letter from your doctor.

Download and fill in the form

You can complete this form online before printing. Make sure to save your details.

Sign and send the form to us

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

You can also send the form to us in myIR. See 'Other ways to do this' below for instructions.

Send your completed form to us in myIR.

Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR105B form and any supporting documents to the message.

You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.

How to send a message in myIR

Child support - contact us

What happens next

We'll review your application and if we need any further information, we'll contact you.

We'll let you know the result by letter.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 27 Nov 2020
Jump back to the top of the page