If you're having trouble logging in to myIR, check out these suggestions to help you get in to your account. You will not need to call us.
I’ve forgotten my user ID
Go to the myIR login page, select 'Forgot user ID or password?', then 'Forgot username?'. Enter your IRD number and verify your email address.
IRD numbers contain 9 digits. If your IRD number has 8 digits, add a 0 before entering the rest of your IRD number.
My password does not work
If you’ve typed the correct password, try clearing your cache and cookies, then close your browser and try again. This should clear any previous passwords still being used by the browser to log in.
Reset password using Google Chrome
1. In Chrome, select the (vertical ellipses) in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Choose More tools.
3. Choose Clear browsing data.
4. Choose the desired time range in the drop-down menu. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Make sure the box next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files are ticked.
6. Select Clear data.
Reset password using Internet Explorer
1. In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon on the top right corner.
2. Choose Internet options from the drop-down menu.
3. Under Browsing history click Delete.
4. Make sure the box next to Cookies and website data are ticked.
5. Select Ok.
If clearing your computer cookies is not the issue, please make sure:
- you type your password in, if you've been copying and pasting it
- you enter it in the correct case as your password is case-sensitive
- you do not have an extra space character at the end of your user ID - your smartphone may have added one in.
I've forgotten my password
You’ll need your myIR logon username and the email address registered to this logon to reset your password. You can reset your password by choosing 'Forgot user ID or password?' on the myIR login page.
For a strong password, we recommend combining four words. Uncommon words are better. Avoid passwords used on other websites.
Passwords must be between 12 and 255 characters long.
Passwords cannot include:
- more than 2 of the same numbers in a row
- more than 3 of the same letters in a row
- common sequential keyboard combinations
- commonly used password terms
- your user ID.
Examples of sequences and words that cannot be included: qwerty, zxcv, bbbb, 12345, 112233, 007, 1995, 2002, P@ssword, letmein, secret, changeme, remember, openup.
You cannot reuse your last 10 passwords.
I've requested to reset my password but have not received an email to reset
It can take up to 10 minutes to receive the email. If you have not received an email, check your junk folder.
I received a blank screen when trying to log in
If you're trying to log in and do not receive an error message after entering your user ID and password, close your browser and log in again. If this does not work, try clearing your browser history.
My RealMe login does not work
You’ll need your user ID and password to log in to your RealMe account. If you have forgotten either of these, you will also need your email address.
If you use myIR regularly and want to save it as a favourite, you need to bookmark the IRD website homepage, not the myIR login screen.