Income tax Dates
AUG 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
OCT 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
JAN 15Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
You can use this process to request a refund from the income equalisation or environmental restoration schemes.
We now pay all refunds by direct credit so you need to provide us with your bank account details. We no longer issue cheques.
Go to your income equalisation scheme account in myIR
Go to your income equalisation (EQU) or environmental restoration (ERA) account.
Select 'make withdrawal' under 'I want to'
This is on the right side of the page.
Fill in your details
You'll need to tell us:
- how much you want to withdraw
- the income year in which the refund will be included as income
- the reason for the refund, if the request is for an early refund.
Submit the request to us
What happens next
Your refund will be reflected in your income summary in myIR.
The refund amount will be pre-populated into the ‘other income’ field in your income tax return.
Previously you would use an IR155 paper form to make deposits or request refunds. This has been removed.
If you do not have myIR, you need to write us a letter to request a withdrawal. Include:
- the name and IRD number in which the deposit is held
- the amount to be refunded
- the income year in which the refund will be assessable (counted as taxable income)
- your name and contact phone number
- the reason for the refund if the request is for an early refund.