Skip to main content

Budget 2024 | The Government has announced proposed changes to personal income tax, the independent earner tax credit, in-work tax credit, the minimum family tax credit and the interest rate charged for overseas based student loans. They have also provided more information on FamilyBoost. Find out more:

Community housing providers can follow these steps to apply for a tax exemption and donee status so people who donate can claim a tax credit (refund).

Find out more about who can apply.

Community housing providers

Check the provider is on the register

Your provider must be on the Community Housing Regulatory Authority Register before you apply for the exemption.

Find out more about who can apply.

Community Housing Regulatory Authority Register

Gather your information

You will need:

  • your IRD number
  • a copy of the trust deed or company's constitution.

Write to us

Write to us with the above information. You also need to confirm that your clients or beneficiaries have the right income levels for you to qualify. 

Income limits for community housing providers

Send us your application

Send us your application as a secure message in myIR or by post at:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Last updated: 15 Nov 2022
Jump back to the top of the page