Before you start
- your IRD number
- the amount of deducted tax you're being transferred
- your shareholder-employee salary.
In myIR, go to your income tax account
This is on the homepage once you've logged in.
Select 'File or amend a return...'
You'll find this under 'Payments, refunds and returns'.
Select your Individual income tax return - IR3
Follow the prompts to complete your return.
When choosing your income types, select Schedular payments. You'll need to enter:
- the amount of tax being transferred to you from your company
- your shareholder-employee salary without tax deducted.
You do not need to enter an amount for Total gross schedular payments unless your company paid you that way.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
You may also report the amount you're being transferred in the paper form of your Individual tax return - IR3.
- Include the amount of tax being transferred to you from the company in Box 12A.
- Unless you received schedular payments yourself, do not enter an amount in Box 12B.
- Include your shareholder-employee salary without tax deducted in Box 21.