Income tax Dates
MAR 31Final date for ratio option provisional tax applications.
APR 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due if you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
MAY 7Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
Claim deducted tax being transferred to you from your company. You must be a shareholder-employee of that company.
Gather your information
- your IRD number
- the amount of deducted tax you're being transferred
- your shareholder-employee salary.
Log in to myIR
Complete your Individual income tax return - IR3
When choosing your income types, select Schedular payments. You'll need to enter:
- the amount of tax being transferred to you from your company
- your shareholder-employee salary without tax deducted.
You do not need to enter an amount for Total gross schedular payments unless your company paid you that way.
What happens next
We'll make the transfer when we get your company's income tax return - IR4 and your Individual tax return - IR3.
You may also report the amount you're being transferred in the paper form of your Individual tax return - IR3.
- Include the amount of tax being transferred to you from the company in Box 12A.
- Unless you received schedular payments yourself, do not enter an amount in Box 12B.
- Include your shareholder-employee salary without tax deducted in Box 21.