Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
Schedular payments are payments made to contractors who perform certain activities. Tax is deducted from these payments but they're different to salary or wage payments.
Who gets schedular payments?
Contractors doing certain activities or services, or contractors working in certain industries.
- an IT project manager contracted by a recruitment agency (labour hire business) to one of the agency's clients
- a builder contracted to a labour hire business
- a freelance journalist paid to write a magazine article
- an insurance agent or salesperson paid commission
- a company director paid directors’ fees
- a commercial cleaning partnership paid by a local business to clean their offices
- companies contracted to supply labour to the agricultural, horticultural or viticultural sectors
- non-resident contractors, entertainers and sportspeople.
Some prize money won in competitions may also be schedular payments.
There are special rules for non-resident taxpayers getting schedular payments.
The Tax rate notification for contractors - IR330C lists the activities which schedular payments can be paid for.