Skip to main content

North Island flooding Our Takapuna and Manukau offices are temporarily closed. Many of you have been affected by the flooding in the North Island and may need help keeping up with your tax obligations. Find out more

Clubs and societies can follow these steps to file their income tax return. You do not need to file an income tax return if you have an exemption.

Before you start

You need:

  • the name, contact details, bank account number and IRD number of your club or society
  • a completed Financial statements summary - IR10 form or a set of financial accounts. (If you are filing online, you can complete the IR10 as part of your return.)

If you intend to claim the $1,000 income deduction in your return, we need to approve you as a not-for-profit. Contact us to confirm if we’ve approved you.

Pay less tax with a not-for-profit income deduction

In myIR, go to your income tax account

This is on the homepage once you've logged in.

Select 'More...'

Select 'File or amend return'

Then select the income tax return you want to file.

Follow the prompts to complete your return

Log in to myIR

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 15 Nov 2022
Jump back to the top of the page