Make a payment

From overseas


You can make payments to us while you're overseas using money transfers

You can make payments to Inland Revenue from anywhere in the world through our fee-free options. Select a payment service below to find out more information.

OrbitRemit logo


Proudly Kiwi owned

OrbitRemit offers free online money transfers for student loan, child support or other tax types from Australia and the UK. They can help you set up recurring automatic payments or direct debits for your Inland Revenue account.

Find out more ›

Western Union Business Solutions logo

Western Union Business Solutions

Flexible, free of charge, online money transfer service for your Inland Revenue payments. An easy to use online system to send payments in up to 34 currencies from around the world at any time.

Find out more ›

OFX logo


Foreign exchange services

OFX (previously NZForex) offers a safe, secure, quick and easy international money transfer service with bank-beating exchange rates in 55 currencies. They can help you set up recurring payments to your Inland Revenue account for student loan, child support or other tax-type obligations. Best of all we charge ZERO fees for all IRD payments.

Find out more ›

Xe logo

Xe, the world’s trusted currency authority has joined forces with HiFX, providing fee free money transfers and competitive rates of exchange for your Inland Revenue tax obligations.

Find out more ›


More information


Customers paying Inland Revenue through online international money transfer or payment service providers do so at their own risk. If a service provider doesn't process your payment to Inland Revenue so we receive it as cleared funds by the due date, it will remain outstanding and you may have to pay interest, penalties and other charges relating to it. Paying and filing on time is the customer's responsibility.

Payments through these service providers are generally fee-free. However if a transaction does incur a service fee you need to discuss this with the provider concerned.

Please ensure you have the correct year selected when making a payment.