Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. Inland Revenue collects 80% of the Crown's revenue as well as collecting and disbursing social support programme payments and providing the government with policy advice.
We are working to make sure:
- Inland Revenue is responsive in meeting the changing and increasing expectations of government and society
- we make it easy for customers to get it right and hard to get it wrong
- society has confidence that appropriate action will be taken against customers who do not comply
- increasingly, paying tax is seen as contributing to society
- we are professional, approachable, effective and efficient.