Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

How to give someone new access to your account, change your rules or constitution, reregister to keep your tax benefits and update your organisation type.

Getting someone new to access your account

You can authorise someone new to access your account, for example if you've got a new treasurer or chairperson.

Changing your rules or constitution

You need to tell us if you've changed your rules, constitution or founding documents.

Maintain your registration to keep your tax benefits

If you are an incorporated society or registered charitable trust, you must maintain your registration with the Companies Office to keep your tax benefits.

Changing your organisation type

Tell us if your not-for-profit has changed its organisation type – for example, from an incorporated society to a charitable trust. You may need a new IRD number or to reapply for any tax benefits.

You need to reregister to keep your tax benefits if your not-for-profit was unexpectedly removed from the Companies Office or Charities registers. Depending on your change, you may also need to contact Charities Services or the Companies Office.

Contact us if you’re unsure of what to do.

[email protected]

Other changes you might need to make

Update your address, phone number or bank account
Cancelling your GST registration
Stop employing staff

Last updated: 24 Oct 2023
Jump back to the top of the page