Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You’ll need to properly authorise anyone new that you want to access your not-for-profit's Inland Revenue account. For example, if you've had a change of treasurer, chairperson or secretary.

There are 2 different ways to do this.

Your last authorised person can contact us

Your last authorised person can contact us to add the new person and remove themselves from your account.

You can add a new:

  • executive office holder, who is an elected official
  • nominated person, who is anyone you want to have access to your account, elected or not.

Executive office holders
Nominated person

You can send us proof in writing

If your last authorised person cannot contact us, for example if they’ve moved away, you can send us proof that your new authorised person has the right to act on your behalf.   

This could include:

  • meeting minutes showing someone has been elected chairperson, secretary or treasurer
  • the person being listed as an officer for your not-for-profit on the Companies Office or Charities Services websites.

Contacting us

Send us your written proof and the person’s details and IRD number:

  • by email to [email protected]
  • by post to:

    Inland Revenue 
    PO Box 39010 
    Wellington Mail Centre 
    Lower Hutt 5045
Last updated: 15 Nov 2022
Jump back to the top of the page