myIR, payments and more
GST change-in-use calculator
Use this calculator to work out your change-in-use adjustments for goods or services bought or introduced into your taxable activity on or after 1 April 2011.
Note: You don’t need to adjust goods or services costing $5,000 or less.
This calculator can help you when:
- you're completing a GST adjustments sheet or GST return
- you're calculating change-in-use adjustments for goods or services
- you know what your change-in-use percentage is (GST-inclusive value of the goods or services) and can work out the adjustment amount
- you're a person who is not principally making supplies of financial services
- the total value of your exempt supplies will be more than $90,000 or 5% of the total consideration for your taxable and exempt supplies for the period, and
- you’re not using the adjustment periods that are equal to the number of years for the goods or services estimated useful life.
Note: This calculator doesn't incorporate the wash-up adjustment for change of use to either 100% taxable or non-taxable.
To get started, you'll need to know:
- your balance date
- the GST-inclusive cost of the goods or services
- the percentage of the goods or services business use
- the date you bought the goods or services, or introduced them into your taxable activity
- the details if you sell or dispose of the goods or services.
This service is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this product, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.