Skip to main content

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes to personal income tax, the independent earner tax credit, in-work tax credit, and the minimum family tax credit. Find out more: Personal income tax threshold changes

If you’re having trouble filing and paying your tax, we can work with you to come up with a solution before it gets worse.

Setting up an instalment arrangement

You can apply for an instalment arrangement with us. Repaying an agreed amount over time can be a good way to keep costs down.

Apply for an instalment arrangement

Applying for financial relief

If you cannot meet your payments, we might be able to write off penalties or certain amounts.

Apply for financial relief - individuals in New Zealand

Apply for financial relief - overseas-based or non-resident individuals

Apply for financial relief - companies, partnerships and trusts

More information about debt

Check our information about debt and insolvency, especially if you have child support or student loan debt. If you're unsure of your options, you can either send us a message in myIR or give us a call.

Debt and insolvency

I am having difficulty repaying my student loan

Sorting out child support debt

Contact us - Debt and refunds

Information we may ask you for

We might ask you for information so we can understand and assess your situation. We'll then let you know your options.

If you’re a business customer, we may also ask you to send us a Twelve month cash flow forecast - IR591. 

Send a Twelve month cash flow forecast - IR591

Last updated: 06 May 2024
Jump back to the top of the page