You need to register with us as an employer as soon as you start employing.
Gather your information
- the IRD number to be registered
- your contact details
- your BIC (business industry classification) code
- the date you start employing staff.
Log in to myIR
From your myIR homepage, in the 'I want to...' tab under 'Registration, applications and enrolment' select 'Register for new tax accounts'.
Fill in the registration form
Fill in your details including:
- contact phone number
- your address
- bank account details
- BIC code
- employment details.
Submit your registration
Check your information is correct then select 'Submit'.
What happens next
After you've registered as an employer, we'll send you a letter with information about:
- keeping wage records
- making deductions from PAYE income paid to employees and contractors
- completing and filing employer returns
- paying the deductions to us.
If you do not have myIR, you can download and print the Employer registration form.