You need to register with us as an employer as soon as you start employing.
Gather your information
- the IRD number to be registered
- your contact details
- your BIC (business industry classification) code
- the date you start employing staff.
Log in to myIR
From your myIR homepage, in the 'I want to - More' section under 'Other actions', select 'Register for new tax accounts'.
Fill in the registration form
Fill in your details including:
- contact phone number
- your address
- bank account details
- BIC code
- employment details.
Submit your registration
Check your information is correct then select 'Submit'.
What happens next
After you've registered as an employer, we'll send you a letter with information about:
- keeping wage records
- making deductions from PAYE income paid to employees and contractors
- completing and filing employer returns
- paying the deductions to us.
If you do not have myIR, you can download and print the Employer registration form.