Income tax Dates
JAN 15Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
Gather your information
You will need your income details.
Log into myIR, go to your return and follow the prompts
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Complete your return
Our Companies income tax return guide - IR4GU will help you.
You can also complete your IR4 using our online form, or on paper.
If you used our online form or a paper form you may need to file some additional returns.
You must file a Tax sparing disclosure return - IR486 if your company has claimed a foreign tax credit for a tax sparing arrangement under a double tax agreement.
File a tax sparing disclosure return IR486
Group investment funds
You must file a Group investment fund return - IR44E if:
- your fund is not a designated group investment fund as defined in section HR 3(6) of the Income Tax Act 2007
- your company's fund's income is only Category A, or a combination of Category A and Category B income.
Trans-Tasman imputation and imputation groups
You must file an Annual imputation return - IR4J if:
- your company is an Australian company that makes a Trans-Tasman imputation election
- you are the representative of an imputation group.
If you need to file a return for past years you can download the forms below.