Gather your information
You will need your income details.
Log in to myIR
Go to your return and follow the prompts
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Complete your return
Our Companies income tax return guide - IR4GU will help you.
You can also complete your IR4 using our online form, or on paper.
If you used our online form or a paper form you may need to file some additional returns.Tax sparing
You must file a Tax sparing disclosure return - IR486 if your company has claimed a foreign tax credit for a tax sparing arrangement under a double tax agreement.
Group investment funds
You must file a Group investment fund return - IR44E if:
- your fund is not a designated group investment fund as defined in section HR 3(6) of the Income Tax Act 2007
- your company's fund’s income is only Category A, or a combination of Category A and Category B income.
Trans-Tasman imputation and imputation groups
You must file an Annual imputation return - IR4J if:
- your company is an Australian company that makes a trans-Tasman imputation election
- you are the representative of an imputation group.
If you need to file returns for past years you can download the forms below.