myIR, payments and more
RWT interest payer registration IR450
Use this form to register if you're going to start deducting resident withholding tax (RWT) from interest that you pay.
You or your organisation must register as a RWT payer if:
- you pay out more than $5,000 a year in resident withholding income, and you pay the resident withholding income as part or a taxable activity
- we have issued you a certificate of exemption from RWT, or
- you are a non-resident but carry on a taxable activity in New Zealand through a fixed establishment.
If you have more than one security to register you'll need to complete a separate security registration.
To complete this form you'll need:
- the IRD number to be registered
- your contact details
- your BIC (business industry classification) code
- the date you'll start paying interest
- the expected approved issuer levy (AIL) for each year
- a description of security
- the issue date of security
- the date of redemption
- the face value of security in New Zealand dollars
- the redemption value
- an interest or coupon rate.
Once you've completed this form, print, sign and send it to us. Keep a copy for your records.