myIR, payments and more
You can now learn about your responsibilities and rights as an employer through a free interactive website. The website has been created by Employment New Zealand, which is part of MBIE.
As an employer, you can learn about:
- Working arrangements: employee vs contractor to permanent vs casual
- Employment agreements: mandatory and recommended cluases
- Annual holidays: calculations to payments
- Leave: parental leave to holidays
- Pay and wages: deductions to pay slips
- Hours of work: changing hours to redundancy
Knowing your legal obligations will help you avoid misunderstandings with employees and any financial penalty that might result.
You can also refer your staff to the employee modules so they can learn about their rights.
Registering is quick and easy, visit Employment New Zealand