Employing staff Dates
Part of the process for removing your company is giving the Companies Register a 'no objection' letter from us. This letter from us tells the Companies Office that we have no objection to your company being removed from the Companies Register.
Draft a letter
Include the following in your letter:
- Your company’s IRD number.
- The date you'll close your company.
- The reason you’re closing your company.
- Which years the final returns will be filed for, and when they'll be filed if not already.
- Whether your company has any outstanding returns or debts with us and what's being done about them.
- Whether you’ve distributed assets to shareholders, directors, general or limited partners or any other person or entity for less than market value including debt forgiveness. We’ll need the relevant details.
- What company assets there are and what'll happen to them.
- A copy of the profit and loss account and the balance sheet up to the date of closure.
- The name and contact details for any further queries.
- Any other information you think is relevant.
What happens next
We’ll send you a written reply. If it’s our ‘no objection’ letter, you can start the procedure to get your company taken off the Companies Register.
Make a copy and post your letter to:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045