Employing staff Dates
You can correct your fringe benefit tax (FBT) return in myIR if:
- you made one or more errors, and
- the difference in the total fringe benefit tax to pay is $1,000 or less.
Gather your information
You will need details of the fringe benefits you provided in the relevant period.
Correct the error in myIR
Register for myIR if you do not have an account.
Find the return that has the mistake and enter the correct details. Your FBT payment or refund will automatically be updated.
What happens next
You will get a confirmation receipt as soon as you finish correcting your return. This will tell you if you need to make a payment or are due a refund.
If you need to make a payment you can do this through:
- internet banking
- credit or debit card online
- direct debit.
If you are due a refund this will be direct credited to your account.
You will need to ask us to amend your FBT return if any of the following apply:
- the difference in the total FBT to pay is above $1,000
- we told you that you could not deduct the expense in the earlier period
- we’re investigating the return.
You can send us a message in myIR with the following details:
- the return period you made the mistake in
- the FBT amount involved and the correct figures
- the type of mistake and why the change is needed.