Skip to main content

End-of-year arrangements Our offices and phone lines will close down over the holiday season, but our website, self-service 0800 number and myIR will remain available. Find out more

We've upgraded our voice system You may notice some changes the next time you call us. Find out more

If you are no longer providing fringe benefits or closing down your business you need cease your fringe benefit tax (FBT) registration. You can make a request to cease your registration through myIR or on your final return. 

How to cease your FBT registration

In myIR, go to your FBT account

Select 'more'

Select 'cancel account registration'

Log into myIR

Opting out of FBT

If your company is still in business but you want to opt out of FBT, check out how to do this.

Fringe benefit tax for close companies

You can post your request to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Last updated: 23 Feb 2022
Jump back to the top of the page