Employing staff Dates
AUG 20Employer deductions payment due for 1 to 15 August if you deduct more than $500,000 PAYE and ECST per year.
AUG 20Employer deductions payment due for July if you deduct less than $500,000 PAYE and ESCT per year.
SEP 5Employer deductions payment due for 16 to 31 August if you deduct more than $500,000 PAYE and ECST per year.
Different types of benefits are listed separately in the fringe benefit tax (FBT) taxable value calculation. This means you need to keep separate records for the different types of fringe benefits you provide employees.
Your records must show the following details:
- date of the transaction
- name of the employee receiving the benefit
- a description of the benefit provided
- any cost to employee
- cost to the employer for goods
- normal market price for services
- highest price charged to the general public for subsidised transport.
You should also keep tax invoices, where appropriate.