Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Search forms

Find a form or guide based on keyword, document title or document number.

Liable parents

Title and summary Number

This guide provides all the information required for liable parents and receiving carers when they begin paying or receiving child support.


Parents of qualifying children can apply for a formula assessment of child support. If you're a parent living in Australia, you must apply for child support through the Australian Department of Human Services (DHS).


This factsheet tells you how someone can qualify as a child's non-parent carer and apply for child support.


Use this form if you are required to pay child support


If you're a prison inmate or hospital patient you can apply for an exemption from paying child support or domestic maintenance.


If you're a liable person under 16 years old (or have recently turned 16) and want an exemption from paying child support, you may be able to use this form.


If you're a liable parent and want an exemption from paying child support on the grounds you were the victim of a sex offence, you may be able to use this form.


A form to acknowledge to us that you are the parent of a child, if no other proof exists.


Complete this form if you want to cancel the estimate of your taxable income for your child support assessment. You can also complete this form online.


Use this form if you have any new or updated information for us about a change in your child support circumstances


Use this form to show grounds for any objections about child support. Either party can object to a decision or assessment


Use this form to work out how much you can pay towards your child support debt (if you're a liable parent) or your overpayment (if you're a receiving carer).


A slip to attach to manual (cheque) child support payments you make to us.


This guide sets out the child support responsibilities of liable parents who are long-term hospital patients.


You can estimate your income for all of the child support year or any time during the child support year. If you estimate for the whole year the election period is from 1 April to 31 March which is 365 days.


This guide sets out the child support responsibilities of prison inmates.


This guide is for people who currently share or intend to share the care of children. It explains how recognised care will affect child support payments.


This factsheet provides information about voluntary agreements for child support. It explains who can have a voluntary agreement and what information we need.


This guide sets out your options on how and where to apply if you disagree with any decision made by us.


When a person applies for a child support assessment, we use a formula as set out in the Child Support Act 1991 to work out payments. If you believe the assessment is unfair, you may be able to ask for a review. Find out how to apply in the guide.


Child support review - statement of financial position


This factsheet gives an overview of the child support scheme we administer. It includes general information for parents, or any person caring for a child who is not their own.

Application for an administrative review IR470


Ground 5 - high cost of contact worksheet IR470A


Child support review - response by other party IR471


Use this form to register a court order for the payment of child support.


Use this form to register a voluntary agreement or court order for the payment of domestic maintenance.