Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Certificate of exemption from resident withholding tax IR451

Application for exemption from RWT on interest and dividends

Use this form to apply for a certificate of exemption from resident withholding tax (RWT).

To complete this form you'll need:

  • your IRD number
  • name of the organisation claiming exemption
  • your contact details
  • the reason for the declaration.

Exempt under an Act other than the Income Tax Act

If you're exempt from RWT under any other Act you don't need to complete this form. Just advise your payer under what Act you are exempt.