Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Family trust obligations under the CRS IR1053

You may have family trust obligations under the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and need to provide information about your family trust as:

  • a Reporting New Zealand Financial Institution family trust (NZFI), and/or
  • an account holder.

This guide is a high-level summary to help you determine if, what and when to provide information. It covers:

  • is a family trust a reporting NZFI
  • managed investment entities
  • non-reporting Financial Institutions
  • trustee documented trusts
  • equity and debt interest account holders
  • due diligence, information collection and reporting
  • penalties.