Income tax return: Non-resident individual taxpayers 2016 (IR3NR)
(published March 2016)
About this form
Use this return if you have not been personally present in New Zealand and have earned income from New Zealand sources from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016.
PDF | 226kb | 6 pages
This form can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.
When to use this form
Please read the Non-resident income tax return guide (IR3NRG) to work out whether you need to file an IR3NR return.
What you will need
You will need:
- your IRD number
- your personal contact details
- details of any New Zealand interest paid or credited to you
- any New Zealand dividends paid or credited to you
- total tax credits and non-resident withholding tax already paid
- any other New Zealand income with tax deducted
- any New Zealand partnership income
- any New Zealand estate or trust income
- any New Zealand rents, self-employment income or other income
- any expenses against your income
- any net losses brought forward
- any losses from a loss attributing qualifying company
- any personal rebates (if you worked in New Zealand during the year) that you may be entitled to claim.
Download Acrobat Reader to view PDF files
After you finish
Please print, sign and attach any necessary supporting documentation and post to your nearest Inland Revenue office.
You may wish to keep a copy of this form for your personal records.
List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >