Skip to main content

Kei te makere ahau i tētahi takuhe I am coming off a benefit


If you are coming off a benefit that included your Working for Families payments and you are still eligible for those payments, you'll keep getting them. We will now pay your Working for Families.

Once you come off a benefit any child support we collect is paid directly to you.

You need to:

  • check that Work and Income have given us your details
  • make sure we have your latest income details
  • update your details if they are wrong.

Gail comes off a benefit

Gail is about to come off the Sole Parent Support benefit. She calls Work and Income to find out if her Working for Families payments will be impacted. Work and Income tells Gail that Inland Revenue will now be making her payments.

Gail checks myIR and sees that some of her details are incorrect. After making sure all her details are updated, Gail doesn't need to do anything else.