Employers and employees can use this calculator to work out how much PAYE should be withheld from wages.
It's useful for weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly pays, but it will not allow for:
- holiday pay that is paid as a lump sum
- extra pays like redundancy or special bonuses
- employees with special tax codes or a student loan special deduction rate
- schedular payments
- child support deductions
Before you start
You'll need to know details of the salary or wage for the pay period and the appropriate tax code.
If you're an employer, you'll need to know if your employee:
- is a KiwiSaver or complying fund member and the employee's contribution rate
- is a member of any other superannuation scheme
- your employee's Employer superannuation contribution tax (ESCT) rate.
Fill out the form
Put your details into the calculator.
If you're an employer, fill in the details for each employee.
Employers and employees can work out how much PAYE should be withheld from wages.Go to this tool
Print or save the results
If you're an employer calculating for several employees, you'll get a breakdown of PAYE for each employee, as well as the total PAYE to be withheld.