Before you start
In myIR go to the 'Intermediary centre'
Select 'Client registration'
From here you can choose to:
- register a new individual
- register a new customer - for non-individual customers.
Submit the application
Log in to myIR
What happens next
- We'll contact you if we need more information about your registration.
- We'll email or post your IRD number to you. It can take 20 working days to arrive if you choose to have it posted.
Urgent IRD numbers
For urgent businesses and organisation IRD number applications, email the following to [email protected]:
- submission/confirmation number
- the reason(s) for urgency
- the date you need the IRD number.
If the urgent criteria is met we’ll issue the IRD number within 2 business days. Make sure the IRD number application includes all the required documents and is submitted to us well before any settlement or required date. This is to prevent hold ups if there are any issues with the application.