This agreement lets MSD and Inland Revenue share information for the purposes of assessing eligibility for benefits and subsidies, assessing and enforcing obligations related to benefits and tax obligations and registering new customers or updating customer contact information.
It brings together, into one overarching framework, the following information sharing arrangements between MSD and Inland Revenue:
- Working for Families Tax Credits, Double Payment and Community Services Card Match Programme
- Commencement/Cessation Benefits and Students Programme
- Working for Families Tax Credits Administration Programme
- Child Support Administration
- Student Loan Programme
- Proactive /IRIS Information Share
- updating incorrect customer information held by MSD - focus on incorrect IRD numbers and customer status
- for the provision of IRD Numbers for Refugees
- Common Debtors Research and Analysis.