There are a number of things you must do as a child support customer to make sure you pay or receive the right amount.
Tell us about changes
You'll need to tell us when:
- your income changes
- children come into or leave your care
- shared care arrangements change
- you want your payments to go to a different bank account
- you move to another country
- your contact details change
- you start living with the person you pay child support to, or receive child support from
- you or your child start or stop receiving a benefit
- your child works 30 or more hours a week
- your child gets married or enters a civil union or de facto relationship
- your child turns 18 and is no longer enrolled at and attending a registered school in New Zealand or an overseas school
- any child you pay or receive child support for is no longer a New Zealand citizen or ordinarily resident in New Zealand
- anything else changes that you think could affect your child support.
Check your information
We'll send you a notice of assessment each year and after any changes to your assessment. You'll need to check the information we have about you is correct.
If we do not have the right information, you'll need to update your details or let us know. You can do this in myIR or by calling us.