Gather your information
You'll be able to update 1 or all of:
- your contact details
- your relationship details
- the children leaving your care or no longer qualifying children
- your dependent children
- recognised care, either adding or changing it
- whether you start or stop receiving a benefit from Work and Income
- any other changes you want to tell us about.
Go to your child support account
Select 'Child support change of circumstances'
Follow the prompts to enter some or all of the above information.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
Your details will update straightaway in myIR.
If there are changes to your payments we will send you a new notice of entitlement or assessment. If you're registered for myIR, you'll receive this electronically, otherwise we'll send it to you by post.
You can see new payment details in myIR.
As a child support customer, you must always remember to:
- tell us about changes
- check your information
- keep up with payments.
If you want to use a paper form, fill in Change of circumstances - IR116. Sign the form and send it to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Make sure to attach any documents needed to support your completed form.