Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Gather your information

You'll need:

  • your IRD number
  • the years you want reviewed
  • the names and dates of birth of the children covered in the review.

For the receiving carer and liable parent and any other person affected, you'll need their:

  • postal address
  • contact details.

With the future hearing, decide if you want to:

  • attend
  • bring a support person
  • have a representative in your place.

List the grounds you're using in the review

You'll need to write the numbers of each ground you're using in your application.

You'll also need to check that you've given us the additional documents needed as proof for each ground. They are listed under each of the grounds.

Grounds for child support reviews

Download and fill in the form

Give us financial details if it will help with the review

Completing this form is optional. You can fill it in if you think it will help.

Send the form to us in myIR

Send your completed form to us in myIR.

Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR470 form and any supporting documents to the message.

You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.

How to send a message in myIR

What happens next

We'll assess your application and be in touch with you if we need more information. We'll then contact you with our decision and any further options you may have.

My responsibilities

As a child support customer, you'll always need to:

  • tell us about changes
  • check your information
  • tell us if something is wrong.

Changes to my child support details

Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Child support - contact us