Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You can register for income equalisation in myIR. This allows you to:

  • view balances
  • deposit funds
  • request a refund.

Before you start

You’ll need:

  • to check you're eligible for the income equalisation scheme
    Who is eligible
  • your business’s BIC code
  • your current RWT rate
  • the date you made your first deposit into the income equalisation scheme. (If this is your first deposit, you’ll use today’s date.)

Select 'more' next to 'I want to'

You’ll find this on the right side of your myIR home page. This will bring up a list of options.

Select 'Register for income equalisation'

This option is under ‘other actions’.

Fill in the online form

Use the information you gathered and submit the form to us.

Log in to myIR

You can write to us about your balances, deposits and refunds. The previous IR155 paper forms are no longer being used.

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

Your registration should process in real time. Then your income equalisation account will appear in myIR.

If you have a tax agent or nominated person linked for income tax, they will automatically be linked for income equalisation as well.

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page