Income tax Dates
OCT 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
JAN 15Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
Gather your information
To tell us about your interest in a controlled foreign company (CFC) you'll need a few details:
- your IRD number
- the company's name
- the country where the company is incorporated or where it's a tax resident
- the market value in New Zealand dollars at the beginning or end of your income year
- the main business activity
- a copy of financial statements
- the number of employees.
File a controlled foreign company disclosure
Download and complete the CFC and FIF disclosure spreadsheet. Then, log in to myIR and either:
- send us a web message with the disclosure attached
- amend a return you've already filed in myIR, and upload the controlled foreign company disclosure when you're asked if you want to do this.