Skip to main content

Temporary system shutdown | On Friday 20 October from 3pm our phonelines will close. From 3.30pm our offices will close and our online services will close at 4pm. All services will be available from 8am Tuesday 24 October. Find out more

When you set up as a distributor for a direct selling company, how you'll need to pay tax will depend on the type of distributor you are - a commission agent, independent reseller or employee.

Direct selling organisations sell products to the public through their distributors. Distributors may sell the organisation's products for a commission. They may also buy the products from the organisation and sell them at a marked-up price.

We'll help you find out which of these types of distributor you are and how you'll need to pay tax.

loading component...
Last updated: 08 Aug 2023
Jump back to the top of the page