Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You need to tell us about any missing or incorrect information on your income tax assessment.

In myIR, select 'Returns and transactions' on your income tax account

Select 'Returns'

Select 'View or amend return' under the period you want to amend

Select 'Amend return' under 'I want to...'

Log in to myIR

What happens next

We'll send you a new income tax assessment. This shows if you:

  • are due a refund
  • have tax to pay
  • have paid the right amount of tax during the year.

My responsibilities

You may be asked to provide proof of changes to your income or expenses.

Make sure we have your correct contact, bank account and income information.

Manage your investment income allocation in myIR from joint accounts. As long as you have supplied your investment income provider with your IRD number you can do this in myIR.

You can update these any time during the tax year. The easiest way is in myIR.

Change your investment income allocation from joint accounts

Last updated: 30 Mar 2021
Jump back to the top of the page