Before you start
You will need:
- your IRD number
- details about the untaxed and taxed income you received in the tax year
- details about any expenses you want to claim.
In myIR, go to your income tax account
Then select 'More...'
Select 'File or amend a return'
You'll find this under 'Payments, refunds and returns'.
Select your return and follow the prompts to complete it
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
- After you submit your return we will let you know any refund you are due or tax to pay.
- You can fix any mistakes you make in your return after you've submitted it.
- You can use our disputes process if you disagree with our assessment.
If you do not have myIR you can download and print the tax return form.
Contact us if you need an IR3NR tax pack. If we sent you a tax pack but you do not believe you need to file an IR3NR tax return, contact us so we can update our records.