Before you start
You will need:
- your IRD number
- details about the untaxed and taxed income you received in the tax year
- details about any expenses you want to claim.
In myIR, go to your income tax account
Then select 'More...'
Select 'File or amend a return'
You'll find this under 'Payments, refunds and returns'.
Select your return and follow the prompts to complete it
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
After you submit your return we will let you know any refund you are due or tax to pay.
In most circumstances, you can fix any mistakes you in your return after you've submitted it. You cannot do this if you have made a payment toward a bill when you submitted your return.
You can use our disputes process if you disagree with our assessment.