Skip to main content

North Island flooding | Many of you have been affected by the flooding in the North Island and may need help keeping up with your tax obligations. Find out more

Te huri i taku pāpātanga takoha ki KiwiSaver Change my KiwiSaver contribution rate

Before you start

You will need:

  • your IRD number
  • the rate you want – 3%, 4%, 6%, 8%, or 10%.

Give written notification to your employer

You can do this by either:

  • an email or letter
  • giving your employer a completed KiwiSaver deduction form (KS2)

Change your contribution rate through myIR

Log into myIR:

  • select 'Change KiwiSaver Contribution Rate’ under the ‘more’ menu of your KiwiSaver account
  • complete the form and submit.

Change your contribution rate through your KiwiSaver provider

Contact your KiwiSaver provider to change your KiwiSaver contribution rate.

What happens next

If you change your contribution rate through myIR or your KiwiSaver provider, we will notify your employer of your new chosen contribution rate.

Once your employer receives notification from you or us they will change your KiwiSaver contribution rate starting from the next pay they calculate.

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page