Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Our Auckland, Hamilton and Whangārei offices are closed under Alert Level 3. You can still contact us and get help.    Contact us

Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) Businesses affected by the alert level increase that started on 17 August can apply for a Resurgence Support Payment. Applications for the 3rd payment opened on 8 October. There has also been a change that affects some Commonly Owned Groups Find out more

You need to file your overdue return as soon as possible and pay any tax you owe. It's important you file your return, so we can get your tax right. You might even be entitled to a refund.

We’ll estimate the amount of tax you owe if you did not file your tax return by the due date. This is called a default assessment. We may also charge you a late filing penalty.

Contact us if you do not think you need to file a return or you're having trouble completing your return. If we do not hear from you we'll start:

  • a recovery process to collect the default assessment amount
  • charging penalties and interest on any overdue amounts
  • preparing to take you to court if required.

Personal tax returns - 0800 227 771

Business tax returns - 0800 377 771

Last updated: 17 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page