Skip to main content

If you're renting out or sharing owned or leased assets, you must register for GST if you earn more than $60,000 from all taxable activities including renting or sharing assets in any 12-month period.

If you’re already GST-registered, for example as an IT contractor, you can use the same GST registration for your asset-sharing activities.

If you're GST-registered, you can claim GST for expenses related to your business. If you're claiming GST for purchasing an asset, you must split the expense between personal and business use.

Filing and paying GST and refunds

Claiming GST

GST adjustments for business or private use

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page