Skip to main content

Planned myIR outage We’re carrying out maintenance work on myIR over the weekend, and there may be an outage or disruption of service between midnight and 4am Sunday morning.

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes and provided more information on FamilyBoost. Find out more: FamilyBoost

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes to personal income tax, the independent earner tax credit, in-work tax credit, and the minimum family tax credit. Find out more: Personal income tax threshold changes

Find out how we can help if your income has changed because you have:

  • been made redundant
  • got a new job
  • had a drop in pay. 

I have more than one job

A tailored tax code could help you pay the right amount of tax.

Apply for a tailored tax code

My income has reduced

You may need to change your tax code so that you’re not overpaying tax

Find out more about tax codes

You may be eligible for the independent earner tax code (IETC).

Find out about the IETC

I am being made redundant

You may earn more, or less, in a financial year which can impact the how much tax you pay.

Find out what you may need to do if you're made redundant

I contribute to KiwiSaver

Check you're using the right prescribed investor rate (PIR) so you’re not overpaying tax on your KiwiSaver. Notify your KiwiSaver provider if you need to change your rate.

Find out more about PIR

Talk to your KiwiSaver provider about taking a savings break. A break is ideal when your income drops or you stop earning an income for a while.

Find out about taking a savings break

I pay child support

If you’re having trouble making your child support payments, we may be able to help with payment plans and relief from late payment penalties. You may also need a new assessment if your income has dropped.

Contact child support

I have a student loan

We can help you manage your student loan repayments.

Find out about the hardship relief available

Last updated: 28 Apr 2023
Jump back to the top of the page