Skip to main content

We're experiencing some issues with myIR, including connecting through software You may not be able to log in, or it might be slow to load. You'll only be able to access myIR for 15 minutes at a time, and changes are not being saved automatically.

Our offices Our offices in Greymouth and Wellington are currently closed to the public. All of our other offices are open. Update on our offices

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

If your income has changed, you'll need to make sure you're on the right tax code so you're not overpaying tax. If you're having difficulty making your payments, we may be able to help.

My income has reduced

You may need to change your tax code so that you’re not overpaying tax

Tax codes for individuals

If you're now earning between $24,000 and $48,000 in a tax year, you may qualify for the independent earner tax credit (IETC).

Independent earner tax credit

I am being made redundant

If you're being made redundant, your income may change considerably. This can impact the amount of tax you pay.

I am being made redundant

I have more than one job

If you have more than one job, you may need a tailored tax code to help you pay the right amount.

Apply for a tailored tax code

Other ways we can help


If your income drops or you stop earning for a while, you may benefit from taking a savings break from your KiwiSaver contributions.

Taking a savings break

If your income has changed, the prescribed investor rate (PIR) for your KiwiSaver may need updating as well. Notify your KiwiSaver provider if you need to change your rate.

Find my prescribed investor rate

Child support

If you’re having trouble making your child support payments, we may be able to help with payment plans and relief from late payment penalties. You might also need a new assessment if your income has dropped.

Child support

Working for Families payments

If your income goes down, you may become eligible for Working for Families tax credits.

Working for Families eligibility

If you already receive Working for Families tax credits and your income has changed, then you need to update your details.

Update my details

Student loan

If you're struggling to make student loan payments, we may be able to reduce your repayment obligations.

Hardship and defaulting on my student loan

If your income has changed or you're unable to return to New Zealand due to COVID-19, we may be able to help.

COVID-19 Student loans

Other COVID-19 support

If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to provide more assistance.


If you have any questions or need further support, you can get in contact with us.

Contact us