Student loans Dates
AUG 28Student loan interim payments are due. They count towards your end-of-year repayment obligation.
SEP 30Student loan payments are due if you're based overseas and do not have a temporary repayment suspension.
JAN 15Student loan interim payments are due. They count towards your end-of-year repayment obligation.
When you use the student loan online repayment calculator, be aware that:
- Figures produced by the calculator are estimates only and are based on the information you have provided as at today.
- All the amounts entered are in New Zealand dollars.
- The repayment threshold, interest rates, additional repayments and any income amount you enter remain constant for the purposes of this calculation.
- Future changes in interest rates and government policy are not taken into account.
- Changes in inflation are not taken into account.
- The calculator includes an annual administration fee if your loan balance is $20 or more as at 31 March.
- The calculation assumes that you'll meet all your repayment obligations by the due dates and have no outstanding amounts owing.
- This calculator bases a New Zealand-based customer's obligation on their income, while an overseas-based customer's obligation is based on their loan balance.
Find out if you're considered a New Zealand-based customer or an overseas-based customer.