Student loans Dates
JAN 16Interim student loan repayments are due. They count towards your end-of-year repayment obligation.
FEB 7End-of-year student loan repayments are due. If you have an amount to pay, you'll have received a letter or text message from us.
MAR 31Overseas-based student loan repayment due if you do not have a temporary repayment suspension.
What you should contact us about
Contact us if you have any questions about your ongoing student loan details, such as:
- your student loan balance
- your repayment obligations
- your current student loan status
- special deduction rates
- repayment deduction exemptions
- significant over-deductions
- interest or late-payment interest
- financial hardship relief
- repayment holidays
- your original contract (for loans taken out up to 31 December 1999)
- loans taken our in your name when you did not study (for loans taken out up to 31 December 1999).
If we cannot fix the problem you may need to raise a dispute or complaint.
It can take 5 working days for payments to be processed so these may not show up immediately in your student loan account.
What you should contact StudyLink about
Contact StudyLink If you have any questions about your student loan (that you took out from 1 January 2000 onwards), such as:
- your original contract
- the student loan establishment fee
- the amount you took out for your study, including living costs
- repaying your loan if your course was cancelled or you pulled out from the course
- loans taken out in your name when you did not study.