myIR, payments and more
Requesting instalment arrangements for clients
There are two options for instalment arrangements available for your clients.
Set up an instalment arrangement in myIR
If your client has a myIR account you can:
- request an instalment arrangement on their behalf, and
- pay the instalments by direct debit.
You must have approval by the signing authority of the bank account payments will be made from. We'll email your client for authorisation before we approve your request.
Accounts that can be paid by direct debit
You can set up instalment arrangements and pay by direct debit for the following accounts when you're linked to them. If the direct debit needs to include any other account types you won't be able to use this service.
- Approved issuer levy (AIL)
- Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Fringe benefit tax (FBT)
- Gaming machine duty (GMD)
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- Non-resident withholding tax (NRWT)
- Portfolio investment entity (PIE)
- Resident withholding tax (RWT)
- Residential land withholding tax (RLWT)
- RWT on interest (IPS)
If your client doesn't have a myIR account
You can submit an instalment arrangement proposal online. We'll need your client's:
- IRD number
- contact details
- account type(s) and period(s) for the arrangement.
We also need to know the amount they're proposing to pay, when and how they'll make payments.
Include as much information as you can to support the proposal so we can make a decision. This can include:
- bank statements
- financial statements
- profit and loss accounts
- your client’s financial position, eg assets, liabilities and cash flow forecast
- a completed Disclosure of financial position (IR590).
If your client’s account is case-managed, their case manager will need to submit the proposal.
Your client will need to file any outstanding returns for us to assess before we can make a decision. We’ll respond to your proposal within five working days and will contact you if we need more information. Your client should make the payments requested in the proposal during this time. We won’t charge some penalties during this time.