Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

You can register for myIR as an individual or for your business, company, trust, school, partnership or club.

What you can do in myIR

Once you're registered you can:

  • manage access and logons for you or someone else
  • manage all your accounts, including Working for Families and child support
  • update contact details for you or your organisation
  • make payments
  • track refunds
  • file tax returns
  • pay by direct debit or set up regular direct debit payments
  • check payments and return information (from 2015 onwards)
  • upload documents. 

How to register for myIR

You will need your IRD number to register. The form requires a 9 digit number. If you have 8 digit IRD number you will need to add a 0 at the beginning of it.

If the account is not for you, you’ll need the IRD number of your:

  • company
  • trust
  • partnership
  • school
  • society 
  • club.

IRD numbers

Register for a personal myIR account

Register a myIR account for a business or organisation

Registering and acting on behalf of someone else

You cannot register a myIR account for another person. 

If someone wants you to be their nominated person and act on their behalf, they’ll need to register for myIR. They then set you up as a nominated person from their myIR account. 

Let someone act on your behalf

Nominated person

Letting people access your myIR account

You can give people a web logon to access your individual or business myIR account. You can set what they see in your account and remove their access at any time.

Create web logon access for a myIR account

Give access to your payroll account in myIR

Executive office holders acting on behalf

Your organisation can appoint an executive office holder (EOH) to act on your behalf. Setting someone up as the EOH for your organisation means they can:

  • register for a myIR account for your organisation
  • make enquiries
  • have financial authority
  • receive statements.

Appoint an executive office holder to act on my behalf