|Our mission||Our Vision||Our culture|
|We contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealand by collecting and distributing money.||A world-class revenue organisation recognised for service and excellence.||
The difference we want to make to help achieve our mission.
- Customers know what to do.
- Customers find it easy.
- Customers do what they need to.
- We use intelligence and insights to improve customer outcomes and revenue.
- We deliver evidence-based policy that’s innovative and responsive to customer needs.
- We work with others to create better results for customers and government.
- We protect the integrity of the tax and social policy system, and our stakeholders and the public have trust and confidence in us.
Some of the key results and indicators that tell us we’re making the right impacts.
- 89.9% of tax payments from customers were on time.
- Tax revenue was up 21% from last year - $93.8 billion was collected.
- 90% of customers felt confident they were doing the right thing.
- Automatic assessments of individual income tax are helping people pay the right tax throughout the year.
- 94.3% of returns filed by customers were on time.
- 81% of customers found us easy to deal with.
- 99% of Working for Families and paid parental leave payments were made on time.
- Business customers reported a significantly improved experience dealing with us - Better for Business survey June 2021.
We achieve our mission by delivering outcomes, long-term results, for New Zealand.
- Revenue is available to fund government programmes through people meeting payment obligations of their own accord.
- People receive payments they're entitled to, enabling them to participate in society.
- New Zealanders benefit economically and socially through Inland Revenue working collaboratively across our external environment.