We contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealand by collecting and distributing money.
A world-class revenue organisation recognised for service and excellence.
Our Performance Measurement Framework focuses on how we organise and use our resources to deliver our services, and to acheive our mission and vision.
- Revenue is available to fund government programmes through people meeting payment obligations of their own accord.
- People receive payments they are entitled to, enabling them to participate in society.
- New Zealanders benefit economically and socially through Inland Revenue working collaboratively across our external environment.
- Customer motivation - The factors that create the willingness to comply and then actually follow through and do it. Motivation includes both social and personal norms.
- Customer opportunity - How easy it is for a customer to comply or not to comply with their obligations or access their entitlements.
- Customer capability - How well customers can meet their obligations and access their entitlements. It includes their knowledge of rules that apply to them, their access to tools and assistance, and their ability to understand.
- Services for customers.
- Policy advice.
- Services to other agencies.
Our organisational health
- Sustaining our performance through having a clear, responsive and resilient vision, strategy, and culture that ensures we have the capacity and capability to deliver for our customers and Government.